Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Sunday 3 June 2007

What a Saturday!!

It’s really been a long long day today. Woke up at around 1pm, checked my email and then proceeded to my lab at around 2pm. Yup, I’m still going to my lab to do work despite it being a Saturday today! Saw this short tree along my way to school. It always has these red berries on it, making it look very pretty! Wonder how long will the berries stay up there? Anyway, there was no one around in the lab, and yup, I just love it! I have the whole lab to myself – no one to fight with me for the equipments etc… =) So, proceeded on with my plasmid extraction in my lab from 2pm – 5.30pm. By the time I left my lab at 5+ in the evening, it’s already dark – I would say similar to Singapore’s time of say 7+pm.

Anyway, I was having this fried rice feeling as I haven’t had fried rice quite sometime back! So there! I decided to cook fried rice for dinner.LOL… But before that, I dropped by Coles to do some groceries shopping, e.g. eggs, milk, fruits, spinach, chicken nibbles, and of course my craze – Doritos nachos!! Yum yum… So but to my fried rice, wanted to add in luncheon meat cubes, but ended up saving up the luncheon meat for a rainy day! LOL… Mustn’t use up all my can food, else I will need to waste money to buy some more of them! So, I cooked the rice, cut up one and a half piece of Chinese sausage, some seafood mix, 2 small chilies, garlic, omelet pieces… then just fry the garlic, and then dump all the ingredients into the pan and fry… and then add in the rice and omelet pieces, and put all the sauces etc…hmm…. Yum yum… Anyway after trying it, I regretted not putting the luncheon meat in it! LOL… I love luncheon meat, and the fried rice certainly tastes different without it… Anyway, it’s a meal well taken care of!

Half way through my dinner, my housemate OP came back home and told me shocking news! Our internet connection is down!!! Fragged!! I tried using MSN etc, all of which cannot be used as it didn’t detect the internet connection. Strange. But we did connect the laptop with the ADSL modem! And our laptops actually detect the connection, just that somehow the laptop and the server etc isn’t talking to each other! Argh… Wonder if it’s the Optus problem??! We tried ways and means within our knowledge to rectify it, but to no avail. Anyway, our knowledge in this area is quite limited, especially for me – I’m not an IT guy. And I seriously hate to deal with what router, what ADSL… not my cup of tea…

Life without the internet connection is so so sianz and tough!! It's become part of my life without me realising how important it has become!! Argh!! I'm only able to post this blog entry 'cos I'm 'sharing' someone's wireless network... and that network is inconsistent! Argh!!! Help!!! I hope we get this fix fast! Because of the stupid connection thingy, I have to go over to lab tomorrow (Sunday) to use the lab computer to check my emails etc... I had wanted to stay at home tomorrow, but guess fate has it that I have to return to my lab - work or no work!! Helppp!!!

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.