Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Tuesday 12 June 2007

Nothing beats delicious warm food in cold weather

The weather now in Sydney is sure cold! In fact, the average temperature in Sydney is around 15°C, and now that it’s at night, it has dropped to only 10°C as I wrote this entry. In fact, it’s so cold outside the house that condensed water droplets can be seen on the window surface within the house! (Take a look at the pic!). I wonder if it will go down any further! Maybe it will, since it’s just the start of winter… I just checked the weather forecast and guess what? Hobart is now only 5°C and Canberra is even worst at only 2°C! OMG!!! *shivering*. It will definitely be good to have something nice and warm in this weather… and so I cooked green bean soup! LOL…

This is the 2nd time I cook green bean soup, and the prior experience certainly taught me a lot of things! For instance, I never put in the whole packet of green bean anymore! LOL… this time round only half a packet, and didn’t put in so much sago as well… So the green bean soup turned out quite well – not so thick. However, I put a little too much pandan essence! LOL… The whole soup has a strong pandan smell! LOL… Guess that no cockroaches will be visiting us tonight! But overall, I think I did better than the previous try. =)

And oh, today I cooked something new for dinner as well! LOL… I was like scratching my head over what to cook for dinner… Sometimes it’s really very troublesome. I mean, I’m only the one eating it, and really don’t see the point in wasting lotsa effort to prepare a meal. But then, eating simple stuffs every day is kinda boring… So… what do I wanna cook? After thinking it through, I have decided to do something different since it’s a Public holiday today! Fried noodles! Yeah…. I have cooked fried rice, and noodle soup, but not fried noodles… So, yup, fried noodles with luncheon meat, mince pork, dried veg, and chili… hmm…. And it turned out to be pretty tasty too! Nothing beats a good meal! =)


Grey sky looming above us...

Noodle soup - previous dinner

1 comments:

Sweetpea said...

u manage to make good looking meals just for yourself. i scratch my head daily of wat to cook for the family... sigh..
good on u :)


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.