Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 13 June 2007

The day when pork meatball become meat petite

Wanted to eat the cookies and cream sundae pie again, and thus went to KFC with just my jacket and shorts. Little did I know that it is so damn cold outside! Quickly finish with my purchase and went home to check the current temperature now - 10°C currently, and has been forecast to go to 8°C! Hmm... I wonder where will the stray cat go in such cold weather. Yup, there’s a white stray cat around here waratah avenue. Sometimes I will see it walking around at night, and sometimes during the day when I’m going over to school. I feel like buying some cat food to feed it, like what I did back in Singapore – feeding stray cats that are loitering below my gal’s flat. LOL. Wonder if the locals will think I’m crazy?!

Anyway, today is one of those days where I suddenly feel the urge to take the plunge – to cook something which I have never done before! Since I’ve quite a bit of minced pork left, I was thinking making meatballs! Got the recipe off the internet – and started to make my own variation of pork meatballs since I do not have all the ingredients. So, I fill a ¾ of a bowl with minced pork, added in a couple of tablespoons of chopped onion, pepper, and Chinese cooking wine, and mixed them all up thoroughly. Everything was fine until I added the egg into the mixture! LOL… As I mix the egg in, the whole pork mixture becomes watery! LOL… And when I try to press the pork mixture through my hand into a ball, it become sorta like a petite instead! LOL… Now then I know why the recipe added in bread crumbs! I think the bread crumbs together with the egg will hold the pork mixture together! Argh! LOL… mine goes from pork meatball to watery pork meat petite! LOL... what a blunder… but I had fun! Cooking it was equally tricky! The petite were watery and hence looks like it’s going to disintegrate any moment inside my frying pan! LOL… Had to try hard to flip it without disintegrating it… But eventually, all these effort was quite worth it. =)

The cooked pork petite would have failed in the overall appearances, but the taste would have save it from total failure I would think. It turned out to be rather delicious with the lingering taste of the cooking wine when you put it into your mouth. And oh, maybe the senior citizens or babies without much teeth will love it as it’s soft and succulent! LOL… Or Maybe it’s just老张卖瓜, 自卖自夸! LOL…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually you can add some crackers.
Put several pieces of crackers into a bag and use a glass to crash the crackers until it's really in small pieces. Then mix the crackers and eggs with pork. It will turn out great!
You can try it next time^^

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hi Fanny! Thx for ur suggestion! I'll try it the next time round! =)

Fallen Angel said...

you can try using cornstarch to ease off the egg. the other way is to beat the egg and add it using a spoon so that you can moderate the stickiness.


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.