Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Sunday 17 June 2007

I failed my 蕃薯旦 making

This is my 101st entry (excluding PPPs) and it has to detail me miserable experiences in making my 蕃薯旦. Though this is my first attempt, I have expected far better outcome. I'm too sad to write much, jus let the pictures do the story-telling!

1st step is to boil the sweet potatoes for 15 mintues. I did.


Peel of the skin which I did as well. And I went further to remove the eyes too!

Mesh the sweet potatoes. This is the hard part. The outer layer can be easily meshed, while the core is still hard! No choice, but to throw the core into boiling water to heat it till it's soft again, and mesh it up

Now, my housemate OP suggested me to use the blender. I thought it's a great idea - meshing is tough! So I put in the sweet potatoes, corn flour, sugar, and 4-5 tablespoon of water and mix.. Frag. Become like that. watery. Added in more flour still cannot make it to be a dough. Add in egg white still cannot. (no egg white in orignal recipe) Argh.. heck care already.

Just pan fried it and see what happens. Managed to rolled it into a ball on the pan.

The end product. No look. and yucky. Though OP says still alright. =(

4 comments:

Colleen said...

You know Kev, sometimes, I very "geram" that you can actually cook..

[Duno wat "geram" is? Lookout for Malay translation... :-p]

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

hi kev, nice attempt! at least the colour is there. Practive always make perfect. The first time i do my 'lo bak kou', is also a failure but the taste is there. First attempt is just the beginning. Keep up your talent! :)

Aileen_g said...

well.. they look pretty fine to me... great attemp, kev!

eastcoastlife said...

Try again lah. Mash means mash, don't blender it, ok? Sometimes cannot skip certain steps or take shortcut.


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.