Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 7 July 2007

Happy 1st Bday Ping! & my usual ramblings...

Today is Ping.sg first birthday party at the Geek Terminal. Being a user of Ping.sg, I guess I should say: Happy first Birthday Ping!! Anyway, since they have live streaming of the event on the webby itself, and that I’m in Australia, I can only watch what’s happening! But it’s a cool, being able to see (or rather spy) on what the Singapore bloggers were doing! But they didn’t do very much – most of it was award presentation. ECL is the big winner, clinching away four awards – such as the most controversial and entertaining post. Another big winner that I support is Veron’s sparklette.net where she got the best blog design and blog of the year award. I think she’s the best person for it, as I remember I was blown off with her design of her blog when I first visited it! Anyway, congrads to all the other winners (e.g. Chillicrap, DK, keropokman) of various awards and I salute you! I think I’ll give my blog an award too – the most mediocre blog award! LOL…

Anyway, as planned, I bought McDonalds for my tea-break cum dinner today. Eh? Why so special ‘tea break cum dinner’? Well, I slept till around 2pm today! LOL… And being a poor student and to save on meals, so eat lunch/tea-break cum dinner together lor. Maybe later I’ll go cook a packet of instant noodles. Anyway, Shrek III is coming up (or is it up already?? I’m outta touch with the movie world) and so McDonalds has this Shrek quarter pounder meal. Hmm... So I went over to the McDonalds in Randwick Shopping plaza around 4.50pm and guess what? They are about to close for the day!! I was like the last few customers of the day! OMG, it’s the first time that I encounter a McDonalds that closes so early! Really a culture shock (fast food kinda) for me – coming from a country where McDonalds that never close! LOL… And, the meals here in Australia come in 3 sizes. Small, Medium and of cause Large – I was like ‘eh?’ when the counterstaff asked me what size I wanted. I thought he meant to ask if I want to upsize or not. And I answered ‘yah’. And he has this puzzled looked and asked me for what size I wanted again. Then and only then did I realized the 3 different sizes as displayed on their overhead panels! Argh… ‘malu’ sia… Anyway, I ordered a medium Shrek meal, and it costed me AUD$6.45. The person after me wanted the Shrek meal as well, but apparently I got the last quarter pounder burger of the day! LOL… The Shrek meal contains a quarter pounder burger, fries, and a Minty Mud bath shake! LOL… essentially it’s a milkshake that is choco and minty in flavor. It’s yummy. I wanted to try the swamp sludge McFlurry as well, but seeing that they are closing shop, I decided not to. Maybe I will try it tomorrow. =)

And the Shrek happy meal for kids is very interesting as well! If you look clearly, there seems to be some green pods in the happy meal! LOL… looks like some vegetable huh? But it’s actually pasta I think! LOL… Hmm…. Maybe I will buy the happy meal to eat as well. LOL… Fancy an adult guy buying happy meal to eat! Better eat in the corner of my room, else will be so ‘malu’! LOL

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

it is roasted veggie pasta, a healthier option to the chips. then again, i wish they had used spinach instead of colouring for the dough?

Colleen said...

Oh no, Mc'D close so early thr? God.. it's so different!

And Kev, be thrifty if you must, but must take care of health! :-)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

sometimes, i prefer to buy happy meal because i can get a free toy for my niece. However it depends on whether i think the toy is worth anot. :)


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.