Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 11 July 2007

Blogging rants & food!! yum yum

Hmmm… what have I been doing this couple of days?? I didn’t do very much. Most of it has been spent lazing at home. Aren’t I supposed to be in lab doing experiments?? My experimental set up has been failing me time and time again. I simply don’t understand why other researchers with similar set ups are able to get results and not me! Is it because I’m using a different organism as compared to them, so it’s giving me all these problems? Or that my proteins are basically inactivated when I sonicated the cells to get the proteins?? Or is it the buffer solution that is sub-optimal? There can be 1001 reasons! I very much wanted to troubleshoot, but with so many possible reasons of failure – and not even a hint of where the failure lies – it’s like finding a needle in a haystack! I’ve been trying out slightly different set up, but these trial and error-based experiments aren’t getting me anywhere. My boss isn’t back from his holiday yet, and thus not possible to discuss it with him. Haiz… at this rate, I will most probably suggest a change of project focus when he comes back on Monday. LOL… he’s gonna get a shock!

Lately, I’ve been having this craze over Stephanie Sun (孙燕姿)’s 逆光 (against the light). I find the music rather appealing and catchy. I quite like the title of the song too, sorta remind me of the predicament I’m currently in. My experiments somehow is against the flow – instead of generating results, it generated worries and troubles for me. Instead of hope (as in light), I’m seems to be going against it. But philosophically, to be against the light is a good thing. Against the light would mean facing the light, and thus a person would be able to see as light shines into the eyes. By facing away from the light, light will just travel by you and you would only see darkness as light (travelling in a straight line) will never make a U-turn into your eyes! Eh? So it seems it’s good to be against the light!! Does this spell hope for my project since I like this song so much?? LOL… I doubt it… But just for the fun of it, I’ve recorded myself singing the song… and yucks! It further proves that I should never ever step into a karaoke!

Lately I’ve been buying a lot of food stuffs… LOL… maybe I’m to stress so I eat and eat even though I’m not hungry at all. For instance, I bought this garlic bread from Coles and it’s really fragging delicious! It’s even better than the pizza hut’s garlic bread I think! Furthermore, it’s fragging cheap as well, at AUD$2.99 for 3 loaves of bread. As the loaf is long, I break up the loaf and put the portion that I want into my microwave oven. After 40 seconds, you can smell the fragrant of the garlic bread, and the succulent buttery garlicky bread caressing your taste buds… I just feel like stuffing all the bread into my mouth at one go! LOL….

Well, I tried something new for today’s dinner as well. Cooked green bean stirred fried with mince pork. It’s my first attempt, and it turn out to be pretty ok, delicious I must say! LOL…. But if the green bean can be a little softer, it will even be better. And too bad I didn’t have black beans, else it would be great too! Anyway, I processed the green beans, and throw them into the pan (already fried with garlic and chopped onions) and cooked it. Gotta cook for quite a bit of time, else the green bean will be hard on your teeth. Meanwhile, prepared the mince pork – marinate it with cooking wine, pepper, and cut chilly (yeah, I love spicy stuffs). So, when the green bean is ready, add in the pork and stir fried till done! It’s that simple and nice… yum yum…

As for dessert, I had black sesame paste from Nissin! Yup, you heard right… desserts! LOL… I can really eat huh! Anyway, I made a wrong choice for buying the black sesame paste! It cost me AUD$4.08 per box – and thinking that it have like 3-4 packets within a box, the price is alright! But when I open up the box, there are only 2 packets! Essentially it’s like AUD$2.04 for a bowl of black sesame paste! Argh… super expensive black sesame! The Oriental supermart that I bought it from must have mark up the price by quite a lot!! Gosh, imagine eating a bowl of black sesame paste for $2! Other than the price, the paste itself has this bittery fragrant, but I’m quite ok with it. I just find that it isn’t sweet, so I have to add it in on my own. One thing good about the paste from Nissin is that it’s very convenient to prepare. I just need to pour out the contents into a bowl and heat it up in a microwave oven and that’s it! But still… AUD$2.04 per bowl??? I wouldn’t have bought it if I knew there are only two packets per box!!

1 comments:

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

wow.. your long green beans look yummy. :) do you like "choy phoh"? if you like, you can add that in this vege dish too. But not many ppl like "choy phoh".


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.