Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Friday 20 July 2007

Diversifying my eggs

Feeling very sleeping.. it's now 4am in the morning.. Drank a can of Bourbon & cola... but not totally groggy yet..=)

Anyway, I had spoken to Rick already, and I will still be working on to elucidate the nucleic acid binding proteins that regulate the RNA helicase. However, I will be doing other projects concurrently as well. I think this is pretty good, in that I'm not putting all the eggs in one basket! So, I think I will be handling another 3 project simultaneously, and hopefully, at least one of them will lead me somewhere!

Basically, I will be working on tata box-binding proteins, the RNA helicase, as well as a very basic protein that is expressed by the archaea... wow.. I foresee this is gog to take up a lot of work and time.. gotta work extra hard!

I was taken aback during the meeting, cos Rick was telling me that he had come up with a long list of what other projects I can embark on after reading my email. At least this shows that he really care about his students and make an effort to come up with the list. He could have jolly well just think up of something during the meeting, or asked me to go think about it... and for that I'm in a way, touched... and am fortunate enough to have such a good PhD supervisor.. though I already more or less have, in my mind, what other project I intend to do as well...

Anyway, let's hope that things will turn for the better! =)

1 comments:

jaecywong* said...

so busy yea~ haha back when i was studying A levels, i studied bout the protein synthesis stuffs RNA thingy... phew! such a hard topic for Biology~~! GOOD LUCK!! dun wear urself out though!!


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.