Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Sunday 22 July 2007

Flybuys card

And I thought with this flybuys card, I can earned alot of points and exchange it for something good! Well, yes, I had applied for flybuys card recently. It's sorta like a reward card, where if you shop at the participating merchants, you can earn points. So, got myself a card, and it arrived 2 days ago, Friday. I was pretty excited... another card! Yeah! yes yes yes... I'm a sucker for all these cards... I like to collect them all! But too bad, not a whole wallet of credit cards - in fact not even a single credit cards! Only debits... No credit after all! LOL..

Anyway, kinda disappointed when I saw the card,... eee.. so 'orbit' looking! lol... Luckily my debit cards are much better looking! So, with the card in hand, I put it to the test when I go to Coles just this afternoon. Bought my groceries and handed the flybuys to the cashier. Just swiped it, and that's it! Quickly came back to check my points, only to find that it need like a week to process the points. Why so slow one ah? In fact, why are all these points system so slow? It's the same when I purchase air tix from Qantas as a frequent flyer member. I think the same goes for SIA kris flyer too?! They take money so fast, but reward points so slow!

Anyway, checked how much I'm gonna get.. according to the flybuys site, I will earn only 2 points for every $5 spend. So my groceries was like $27, which give me a miserable 5 points. Fine.. I don't mind 5 points as long as the points redemption aren't high.. and guess what, the cheapest reward requires 2,500 points to redeem! And that is for a $20 flybuys gift card! hmm.. so 2,500 points would be equivalent of spending AUD$6,250 on groceries or at its participating outlets! Assuming I spent like $200 per month on the groceries, that will take me 2 years just to earn that miserable $20 gift card! LOL... They sure know how to make us spend! I wonder how many points I will have accumulated come end of my studies in Oz 3-4 years later... worst stills, points will expire! Argh..

3 comments:

jaecywong* said...

hey~ hha i have flybuys too~.. i dun really buy a lot of stuffs from coles, so it's kind useless to me.:P i bought my poultry and meat from markets instead of coles.. yea.. so every month , i think i only spend like aud 70-100 max per month.. +_+

Cherry said...

Setting a reward point which requires a spending of AUD$6,250 is just way too expensive. Perhaps you can stock a year of groceries ;)

Sweetpea said...

flybuys is only good when u shop like a family. shell, coles and kmart :) good when u have a supp card so u get your points faster.

otherwise, u'll need a lot to time to accumulate them.


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.