Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Tuesday 8 May 2007

Work visa finally...

As the title goes, I finally got my work visa!! Well, technically I have the electronic version of the work visa like a few days back. However, I need to go to the Department of Immigration and Multicultural affairs (DIMA) to get this work visa sticker on my passport to verify that I can truly work. So, I did some research on where the place is, and off I go! Took 372 from my place here in the afternoon (went to lab in the morning), and reach railway square like 30 minutes later. The bus passes by the Central Railway Station before terminating at the railway square, which really brings back memories. I saw a greyhound bus park right in front of the Railway Station.

Yup, it's this place alright. The very same place, about 8 years ago, when I alighted in Sydney after 24 hours of bus ride from Adelaide. I took the greyhound bus then as well. Back then, I had contacted KK (together with Suelyn, and Grace) to meet me at the central railway station. I remembered arriving in the morning. As the bus was coming to a stop at the station, I was apprehensive and scared, as that was the first time I've been to Sydney. What if they weren't here yet, or a miscommunication and waited for me elsewhere? Where do i go? What do I do?? These thoughts really did come into my mind. But luckily, they were already there when I arrived. It's great to really have someone you know in a foreign place.. =)

And when it was the day when I had to depart Sydney back to Adelaide, I will remember that very day as well. I remember we had gone to this market inside some building (can't remember the name), and I think I bought a packet of macademia nuts. haha.. I love macademia nuts.. I think that is my first exposure to the nuts, and I love it since then. I remember feeling very sad, on the verge of tearing as I had to leave my frens and board the bus back to Adelaide, on my own once more, after all the fun we had in Sydney. If I didn't not remember wrongly, I believe they had bought me some food to let me eat during the journey. I was really sad that time. =( And only other time when I felt this way was when I had to leave my beloved and on my flight to Australia a couple of months back. I almost cried everytime I call my beloved from within the Changi airport! haha.. I wonder if the same thing will happen again when I'm coming back to Oz next year, after my short break back in SG. haha..

Me goofing around with my digicam.. trying to see how best to take pictures of food...



Me again.. took pic with digicam, and enhancing it with adobe photoshop.. turns out to be pretty nice I think! haha.. what do u think???

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.