Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Monday 28 May 2007

Of my weekends, and more complaints!

Its officially been at least 3 months since I left Singapore to come over to Australia! I have survived for the first 3 months! Yeah! A cause for celebration! Haha. Anyway, things had been picking up slightly e.g. my PhD etc.. In fact, I've been going back to the lab for the past 2 weekends! Why? That's what my housemate JM asked me. It's like as though I'm in a rush to generate result etc. Well, the reason is simple. I wanna do as much stuffs as I can within my PhD. I mean, we only get to work 5 out of 7 days a week. Wouldn't it be better if I can make use of the other 2 days as well? 4 weekends per month = 8 days per month, and continue to do this for about 3-4 months, and I will have an extra 1 month of work done! Oh my gosh.. I'm becoming a workaholic.. haha.. in addition, by working over the weekend, I can justify coming in ard 11-12pm on the weekdays (I think)!! Yeah, I hate to wake up so early!!

On another note, I've been pretty impressed by the customer relation that companies in Australia has so far. I had earlier lodged a complain to KFC and Optus, and both replied with goodies (to shut my mouth up??)! Cool.. KFC has given me a $5 KFC voucher, while Optus has given me $10 credits for my mobile phone bill! Guess that's how they can encourage ppl to give feedbacks on how to improve their services.

Sadly, I have to write another complain email again. The target is Quickflix this time round. Why?? Simple: the DVD that I had rented took like forever to be delivered to me!! Probably this will give a better idea:
------------------
Hi,

I'm deeply disappointed and extremely frustrated by the recent delays in receiving my DVDs from Quickflix. Specifically, I have yet to receive my DVD titled "Paleoworld volume 1" after been notified of delivery (by Quickflix) through email on 18th May 07.

I used to think highly of the services provided by Quickflix, and even wrote an entry in my blog to promote Quickflix to my readers. The primary reason for choosing Quickflix is such that I can rent a DVD at the comfort of my own home, knowing that the delivery will be fast and convenient.

However after upgrading my plan to the unlimited plan, I have been experiencing delays in the delivery of DVDs. It used to be within 2 working days when I was still under the $9.90 for 2 DVDs per month plan, but drastically lengthen to 4-5 working days after I have upgraded to the unlimited plan! Such plunge in service standard is unacceptable, and has certainly shaken my faith in Quickflix to the extent of contemplating termination of subscription with Quickflix.

I sincerely hope that Quickflix can hasten the delivery of my DVDs, especially "Paleoworld volume 1”, and would evaluate and improve its current DVD delivery services.

Thank you.
--------------------

Argh.. what's wrong with this ppl anyway?! Do they like to be complain so much??!! (However the other side of me is smiling away while writing this complaint email, thinking what goodies will Quickflix gave me to shut my mouth?)

5 comments:

Craig said...

Hello Kevin,

Craig here from Quickflix. Read your blog with interest and noted your issue with delivery times.

Without wanting to shift the problem to someone else the delivery isnt controlled by Quickflix.

When the DVD is scanned out to you it triggers an e-mail telling you the DVD is being sent. A mail courier collects all the outgoing mail in the afternoon and beyond that we are all at the mercy of AustPost.

We hope this helps explain why delivery isnt always consistant.

Best Wishes
Craig and the team @ Quickflix

Craig said...

Hello Kevin,

Craig here from Quickflix. Read your blog with interest and noted your issue with delivery times.

Without wanting to shift the problem to someone else the delivery isnt controlled by Quickflix.

When the DVD is scanned out to you it triggers an e-mail telling you the DVD is being sent. A mail courier collects all the outgoing mail in the afternoon and beyond that we are all at the mercy of AustPost.

We hope this helps explain why delivery isnt always consistant.

Best Wishes
Craig and the team @ Quickflix

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hi Craig,

Fair enough! Isn't there anything that Quickflix can do expedite or track the delivery? I've been waiting for more than a week now! And if the DVD doesn't get delivered to me, does that mean it's treated as lost and I have to pay for it? This is ridiculous!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Anyway, latest news is that Quickflix has replied with an email saying that they have resolved the matter. So, I shall wait and see when my DVD will come..

Dave said...

Well.... I hope you do get your DVD soon :)


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.