Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 19 May 2007

Rattling while waiting for my gel...


This is my first Saturday back in the lab! Had wanted to do it previously, but 'cos of various reasons like incubator down etc, didn't manage to come back till today. My plan for the day was simple: to come down to lab in the morning to do my colony PCR to screen my colonies, and then go off to Chinatown ard 11am to 'yum cha' with my lab colleagues, and then back to my lab again after that to continue running my gel. But Argh! I finished off my PCR only at ard 11.15am, and while I was waiting for bus 372 to Chinatown, I have to have a bad tummyache!!! Fragged! I have no choice to but to go home, since the bus stop I'm waiting at is in Belmore Road. By then, it's already like 11.40am, and I would be extremely late even if I rush down after that. So, no choice then, but to ask them to go ahead without me! I was so looking forward to go 'yum cha'!! Fragged. So, stayed in my home till ard 2.30pm then come back to the lab again to load my gel... What a day.. I'm gonna eat KFC later on to make myself happier! haha..

Anyway, lately my expt has been starting to make a bit of progress. Yeah! Out of the 2 PCR prod that I wanted to clone, 1 of them is successful! Yeah! After weeks of bad luck and unsuccessful streak, the dark clouds are finally showing signs of dissipating! But I don't mind it to be totally gone! hahaha..

By the way, I saw Charlotte's Web yesterday, and it's a truly great movie!! I used to read the book, by E.B.White for my literature lessons in my lower secondary school days. back then, I already find the story to be great! But after seeing the show, it serve to enhance the goodness and the moral that the story is trying to put across. True friendship should be like Wilbur and Charlotte, not asking for returns and make good promises that are given. True friendship sees through appearance for it is their heart that counts. It's really very sad and heart wrenching to see the scene where Charlotte dies after her last ditch effort to save Wilbur, and laying her eggs. The spirit of Charlotte, where one goes all out to fulfill a promise, is truly inspirational and for us to learn. Wilbur, for his credit, has thought us how to see beyond the appearance, for even the ugly spider has a beautiful heart that eventually save Wilbur! I love it!



0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.