Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 19 May 2007

Complain to KFC, Australia

Had wanted to make myself happy, by treating myself to a scumptous KFC dinner.. ended up being very disappointed instead... emailed my complained to KFC Australia..this type of behaviour have to be rectify I reckon, else who knows how many more customer might be shortchanged!

----
Dear Sir/Mdm,

Of my experience so far with KFC (which I'm a fan of), the one where I had today in the Randwick/Belmore road was the worst. It would do well to KFC's image if the service of the counterstaff is improved.

I was in the store at Belmore Rd in the evening (~5 to 5.15pm) and was served by two counterstaffs (1 main and 1 trainee). I placed my order for 3 piece feed with the KFC coupon. The main staff wasted a bit of time to explain to the trainee on how to key in the order into the system, which I patiently understand and have no qualms about it.

However, the staffs failed to return me the change, and therefore I reminded the main staff the she had forgotten to do so. After which, she returned me my change unapologetically - not even a smile or a 'sorry'! It's as if I should not even bother her with my attempt to take my change!

Nonetheless, I decided to give her the benefit of a doubt. However, my unpleasantness with the counterstaff was compounded when I opened up my takeaway box at home. The counterstaff had given me 2 pieces of chicken instead of 3, which I had paid for! This is the limit.

I would sincerely urge KFC to take the service performance of the counterstaffs seriously. No doubt that the general KFC staffs are well trained, I'm sure there are guidelines/methods etc that can be implemented to at least 1) remind their own staffs to be courteous at all times, and 2) check what they have given to the customers telly with the order from the customer.

Being one of the major players in the fast food industry, such letdown of service would really tarnish the reputation, and certainly make me think twice before buying from KFC again! It would definitely not waste much time and not be difficult to countercheck the food given with the order (that is logged into the system) if there's any thing amiss. And it is absolutely not difficult to say a 'sorry' if one forgot to return the change.

I do hope that my feedback will be given the due consideration. Thank you for your time.
-------

4 comments:

DK said...

Error like this occurs most of the time. Esp when you are a trainee. The main staff could have overlooked small issue because he was busy training the trainee.

eastcoastlife said...

Hi Kev tummybear!
You sure look like a bear with your chubbyness. hehe....

Hope KFC Australia replys.

 

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hiya!

Biby: Thx for dropping by!

DK: yup, point taken. But then, the trainee was serving another customer then, while the main staff is the one taking the chicken. Anyway, frequently occuring error doesn't mean that the error should be acceptable to the consumers, esp if the consumer is being shortchanged! Sorry if I sound harsh etc, just damn fed up with all these errors, and knowing that it will still exist in future!

ECL: Haha.. my gosh, I should go on a diet then..

Sweetpea said...

is it wrong for me to generalize the younger generation, some, of today are not taught manners? i am in the retail line too and it really pisses me off to see the way customers are treated. having a bad day? too bad! stay at home! right??


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.