Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Friday 4 May 2007

要长乐就要知足

Argh.. m feeling pretty stressed up lately, cos my lab work has been seemingly proceeding forward, put on the reverse gear, forward again, and back to square one again.. It's not so much of the process that stress me off, rather it is the time that I had spent in the process. Probably I've have gone through the honours year, and other lab experiences, I know that time is never a luxury in my PhD studies. 3 years to some, is a long long time to go. To me, realising the importance of time, thinks that 3 years is never too long. It could just past by in a matter of eye-blinking. I know that this kinda stress is quite self-inflicted, especially so since I'm only into my PhD studies for only 2 months so far. People tell me that I still had a long route ahead of me, and not to worry, and things will turn out fine. I too, certainly hope so. But I can't leave it to chance. I have to ensure that things done within the shortest time possible to generate maximum result. Argh.. this stress is kinda making me depress, questioning my choice of continuing a PhD..

Maybe I should be contented.. yah.. I just be contented.. that I got myself a scholarship; that I can come over to Oz to study; that Rick is willing to take me in as a PhD student; that things are meant to be as they are; that whatever time I lost or wasted in my failed experiments are lessons to strengthen me for the future hurdles.. yeah.. lessons.. maybe I should write down all the lessons I have learnt so far, so as not to let history repeat itself.. Some things are easier say than done.. to be contented.. is analogous to a fish swimming upstream.. but then, salmons made it to their spawning ground.. but at what cost? To be contented.. requires a complete change of mindset.. to lose my competitiveness, to sit back and relax, .. something which I longed for, but intrisically not possible.. To be contented.. 知足长乐. Prob I should go see a shrink!

Well, lets move on to a lighter note, i was eating bread yesterday night, and towards the end, I realised that I have bitten off the bread to a shape of Australia! haha.. I think it's really like Australia.. prob the Ozzies will beg to differ! haha.. so Cool..

Anyway, I was scratching my head as to what to eat for my dinner.. I didn't have much idea really.. just know that I have to starting eating my beef cos they are going to be expire soon. Also that i still have half a salted duck egg left, and some spinach.. So, I just go ahead and cook up something.. and ended up with beef rice! hahah... it looks those one will get to eat back in Singapore if you go to the '煮炒' in the hawker center! haha.. I can jolly well sell it off for like $8 a plate in Oz! hahaha... Anyway, it taste very nice as well! It's really unexpected!


0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.