Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 2 May 2007

Spicy stir-fried beef & spinach

Yup folks, I tried out new dish yet again. After looking through the webby for the beef & toufu stir-fried recipe.. I decided to try my luck with it as well. However, I had to deviate from the recipe and improvised on it as I did not have toufu and some other ingredients. Quite obvious, toufu is a must, but I didn't have it..

Oh well, just have to make do with what I have. So, I cooked spicy stir-fried beef & spinach instead. And overall, I think it taste good in general. However, i think what is lacking is the uniformity of the cooked beef. Most of the beef are rather tender but there are some which is a bit tough. So, probably, if all the beef had turned out to be tender, that would be great! Cooking the beef with spinach, and making it spicy with chilli padi and pepper is a nice combi as well I think. And you know what, now then I know that the stem of the spinach is hollow! As I was cutting the stems into smaller pieces, I saw the hollow stem. And I went ahead to test out if it's really hollow or not..hahaha.. I use the stem as a straw, place one end in water, and suck into the straw. Water really got suck up! hahaha.. seriously, I wonder how a plant can hold itself up with a hollow stem! Interesting....

Well, this is my dinner for today! My new dish! Spicy stir-fried beef & spinach. Yum yum...

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.