Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Thursday 3 May 2007

Hair cut day and yummy food

Well, finally, plucked up my courage to have my hair cut! haha.. It's been 2-3 months since I cut my hair, and that was back in Singapore. Reasons that I have so reluctant to do so here in oz are mainly that it's expensive for a haircut, as well as I have no idea what to tell the barber. I mean back in Singapore, I will just tell the barber: cut slope, don't want sideburn. And the barber understands straight away.. I doubt the barber down in oz will understand what I'm trying to say.

So, since today my work in lab do not occupy me for the full day, I went over to the bank to deposit the Ang Bao money my mum gave me for my birthday. Then, went over to the cheapest haircut shop that I can find, "Ben's Salon". There were two people before me, waiting as well. Finally, it's my turn. I decided that I will just sit there and let the barber work her wonders. Yup, it's not wrong. The barber is a female! Oh man, the first time in my life to let a women cut my hair! haha.. I'm not a sexist or what, but all the barbers in my life so far are males. And back in Singapore, I don't ever go into a salon, cos it's expensive and there's no need to waste such money on my hair. Anyway, I think that the female barber treats my hair a bit rough..haha.. I prefer the other female barber instead.. much more friendly..haha.. But luckily, my hair turns out fine. The rate is still AUD$12 for guys though it is considered the cheapest around!

Anyway, went back home straight after that to wash my hair, and start to cook my dinner. Hmm.. .. I think I saw a dish something like veges + salted egg or something like that somewhere before in my life.. so, I decided to cook my own variant of it. Spicy salty spinach.. so spinach is the leading role, salted egg is the supporting role, and chinese dried sausage, fried onion and chilli as the background, and chicken broth to round it all up! Turns out to be pretty nice! So as you can guess, I enjoyed my dinner a lot! Maybe I'm cut out to be a cook, just like my dad! haha..




0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.