Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 12 May 2007

A disappointing week yet again

As the title goes, this past week has indeed been disappointing. I have yet to get white colonies from my transformation/cloning experiments. Argh! We had got a new tube of dATP on thursday, and hence I decided to try out the transformation/cloning once more. Did the A-tailing reaction, ligation, transformation etc and was hoping to see some good results on Friday. But, fate has it that I must not get any results in the past week. There was a major accident in the common 37-degrees incubator room where I put my culture plates in. Apparently, the two shakers and flasks on them dropped onto the floor, smashing the flasks and spoiling the shakers completely! They had to decontaminate the whole room, and my plates were thrown away!! Frag!! My work just gone! Though they managed to decontaminate and fix the area, it can only be use on Monday afternoon! Arghhhh... Felt like banging my head on the wall! Anyway, I decided to do the transformation again, and just leave the bacteria culture plates in room temperature to grow till I go to the lab on Monday. Haiz.. what a streak of bad luck and happenings. When will it end??! About 1 month into my experimental proper and I have no results at all! Argh... Frag!

On something different: my 2 weeks Mobtv trial has expired. So I decided that I shall continue the subscription. It's pretty ex I think - $29.90 per month. However, if I pay for 3 months of subscription, I get 1 month free. So, $89.90 for 4 months, which is like $22.50 per month. Still on the expensive side, but I like Singapore productions. So, I went ahead to subscribe it. Would be nice if someone can share the cost with me! haha..but haiz.. wasted money again..

The only thing that make me smile again for the week is a wonderful dinner that I had cooked up. Went to buy some frozen pork & chieves dumplings, and pan-fried it. Yum Yum.. it's been a long long time since I ate something so crispy and nice..Reminds me of being in Singapore.. And I cooked the can food (containing bamboo strips, pork strips etc) with more of the pork that I bought from Coles. I had banana as well, and the banana is quite strange looking! Hahaha.. a bit huge I think! The width of the banana is almost width of my palm! What a big fat banana!! Haha.. I truly enjoyed yesterday's night dinner. =)..

Haiz.. still.. what will the coming week hold for me? More disappointment?? When will it ever end?!

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.