Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Sunday 20 May 2007

Social norms = acceptable?? The KFC Saga


I had never expected my previous entry on complaints to KFC would be widely read. After all, I'm just venting my frustration on the service performance of KFC. Frustrated that I was shortchanged among other things. Frustrated that such issues has happened before, and to others as well, and I can foresee that it will still happen in future! As one of reader commented, such issues e.g. giving one less piece of chicken etc in KFC has happened before and are common. True, that I agree, and there is probably a 101 reasons why shortchanging of customers occur.

But does a social norm means that it is acceptable? Is it really acceptable for one to be shortchanged in general? What is worst then being shortchanged, is that one will not be able to rectify situation at all! Try going back to the KFC store and tell them that they gave you one less piece of chicken. The moment you steps out of a store (any store for that matter), the burden of proof is with you if you are going to tell them that they shortchange you. They can always retort that you deliberately make yourself looked shortchanged to cheat the store!

With regard to KFC, I guess I will have to check my takeaway orders there and then, and rectify any shortchanging on the stop. "You should have done that in the first place, and not yaking away down here after that!!" that little voice in my head shouted out! What can I say? I trusted KFC and their staffs. Guess that I shouldn't have after all!

But really, is there a venue for us, only to discover ourselves being shortchanged only when we reached home with our takeaways, where KFC can address our unfortunate purchases? Or that the only solution in such situation is to just swallow our anger, and frustration, and blame ourselves?

PS: I'm still a fan of KFC, but am a very disappointed fan.

3 comments:

APLINK said...

hehe... I hear you are just across the road so not along walk back to berate them...last niye we ordered Family Feast, we got I large piece, I small Breast, 4 legs and 2 wings... hmm and they call that a feast... I am going to create a BAN KFC sticker for my blog...

Anonymous said...

I haven't had that happen to me at KFC, but I don't eat there often. I have, however, had that happen to me at one of the Taco Bells in my city. They are always missing something we order, or a common "mistake" is when I ask for extra onions, they'll give me NO onions...then they get irritated the next time I show up and I give them a lecture about how they duped me the last time I visited. So my hubby and I drive across town to the one that never messes up just so we don't have to deal with any problems. One good thing - anytime they've messed up, we give them a call and the manager has allowed us to have a meal for free (anything we want!). You should just complain to management when you get short-changed. I have yet to have anyone tell me that I'm lying. I guess they figure that if you take the time to call, something must have been wrong with your food. So, good luck with your future KFC visits. =o)

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hi!

Stellar: Are u from Oz as well? Haha.. let me know when ur 'BAN KFC' sticker is up!

crystallinetulip: Thx for sharing ur experience with me! Really boost my confidence of going back to get what I'm shortchanged with in future! But let's hope I wouldn't be so unlucky in future! LOL


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.