Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Thursday 2 August 2007

Yummy food post

I think this is the second time I tried this red bean fish ice cream? Kinda forgot when was the last time I ate it, or even the taste. Hmm… probably during the trip when I was in South Korea? When I saw the Samanco ice cream (from Binggrae) in the oriental supermart, I knew I had to buy it! Yum! When I opened the wrapper, out come a big fish head looking straight at me! LOL… I stare back at it! And knowing what was to come, the fish was like begging me not to eat it – please don’t eat me, I’m just a fish! No way, I’m not going to let it swim away right in front of me, and before it can beg further, I bite off its head! Hahahaha… *evil laughter* Anyway, the ice cream is superbly delicious with the sweetened red bean in the ice cream – but not overly sweet! Definitely worth the AUD$1.40! Anyway, ice cream from South Korea are really very nice… for instance, there’s this ice cream call ‘Melona’ which as the name suggest, is honeydew melon flavor. But more than that, it is enriched with the melon, unlike those cheap ice creams which simply taste as though they were made using melon flavor syrup and just freeze it into ice cream! Wanted to buy the melona as well, but heck – a box (of 4?) is like AUD$7.70!

Tonight’s (Thursday) dinner was a ‘Yum Yum’… this iceberg lettuce with sweet chili squid is absolutely delicious! LOL… but I think the credit isn’t mine. Rather, it goes to the company that sells the squid, as the squid comes marinated with the sweet chili sauce. Either way, it’s really delicious, but is quite expensive in the sense that the squid cost me AUD$4.11! I’m sure it will be more economical if I can just buy the squid and marinate it myself, thereby saving on the manpower costs. But, I sucks in marinating stuffs.. LOL…


I had a craving for breaded chicken these days, and so I took the opportunity to buy some breaded chicken fillets from Coles. Well, I wanted to deep fried it, but there’s no deep fryer – so just gotta pan-fry it. So, there I go, pan-frying it yesterday (Wednesday) along with some frozen chieves pork dumpling as well… taste great too, but a bit tough. Hmm… somehow I still miss the chicken cutlet back in the NUS science canteen… it’s cheap and good! 5 more months before I can eat it again!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! it looks delicious. but i hate those korean iceberg lettuce. so smelly.. yiak!...

@~eStHeR~@ said...

wow.. yummy yummy!!! >.<

xl said...

Hi,
I have been reading your blog for sometime. My boyfriend just left Singapore and went over to UNSW to do his post grad too. Your blog has provided me insights of hows life in Sydney as a student.

Hope to see more blog entries from you :)

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

@xl - Hey.. glad that my blog is of some help. =) Which area is ur bf doing his PhD in?

xl said...

Ha ha i told him to stick to normal sausages after seeing your comment on Kangaroo sausage.
He is currently doing Master in Computer Engineering.

bokjae said...

I am convinced beyond a doubt that you love food! Wow!


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.