Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Friday 17 August 2007

Porky Carrot Potato soup

Yup, as mentioned in my eariler post, I had a bloated tummy after my dinner! But luckily it's bloated due to the consumption of a large bowl of soup. Water-bloatedness is much much better than food-bloatedness. Because water essentially passes through the alimentary canal rather fast as compared to food, therefore water-bloatedness normally only last half an hour or so. Food-bloatedness, I tell you, is very very different! Trust me, I've been through it! LOL... I cannot practially move - will only feel better when I lie down on my back! Furthermore, the bloatedness stays for a couple of hours! Argh... Even my magical black charcoal pill can't do much at the face of my food-induced bloatedness! LOL.

Anyway, back to my porky carrot potato soup, it's those time of the week where I have the urge to try something new. And my urge was to have the porky carrot potato soup. My mum used to cooked it, and so did Limin's grandma on some occasion. I never really know how to cook it - I wasn't taught the proper way to cook it. So, I had to use some of my imagination and common sense. And it turned out to be a pretty simple dish to cook as well! First cut out the carrots and potatoes to the appropriate sizes and dump them into a pot with boil water. Then, I need to check if the carrot and potatoes are ready... how? Simple, just used a fork and poke the carrots/potatoes. As long as it's still hard, it means that I still need to let it boil for some more time! Added some salt as well. Then when the carrots and potatoes were half ready (meaning the fork can be poked into the carrots but not totally into the center of the carrots), add in the diced pork and some more salt! Then let it boil some more until the fragrance smell comes out! Boil some more, and adjust the taste with some salt, and that's it! A nice pot of fragrance-smelling porky healthy carrot potato soup! =)

8 comments:

Sue Sue said...

Kev,
I called this ABC soup here. You can also add some tomatoes and big onion into it. Nice once leh.

Sweetpea said...

hi kev, i was about to say wat sue sue said as well :)

PLUS, dunk in a few white peppercorn :)

Jun jUn XVII said...

u r one healthy dude!!eat alot veges wei!!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hmm.. why call ABC soup ah? Tot ABC refers to ice kachang?

and to Sue & sweetpea: thx for the tips! think my tummy will explode if I added in corn and tomatoes etc..lol

Junjun: LOL... this is one of the rare days when I had more veg than meat.. =)

jaecywong* said...

yea! my mom always make that soup for me!! i love it!

btw, about the skirt, guess u should buy it online if u still want it, cos i quit! i hate the boss.. kept asking me not to come to work.. so fed up!

imin said...

kev! i wan soup!!

eastcoastlife said...

This soup is yummy. I cook this often. good job! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

this looks yummy, i make this with chicken bone & legs. it's called ABC soup. :)


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.