Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 22 August 2007

Sara Lee craze

Yes, I admit I'm a country pumpkin. Peers my age would have tried out so many exotic (& expensive!) foods, been to loads of different countries, and having fun like nobody business. And I have just tasted my first bite on Sara Lee food stuffs just the past week! Blame it on money. I wasn't from a well-to-do family, in fact, not even a middle income family. Food like Sara Lee always look so appealing and delicious, but I can never afford it when I was young. If I didn't remember wrongly, there was this Sara Lee tv commercial when I was much younger, about a mother cutting a piece of the Sara Lee pound cake for her daughter. Back then, I can only wonder how nice it will be if I can actually eat it.

But as i was doing my groceries from Coles, I caught a glimpse of it again! Not their cakes, but their Bavarian Chocolate swirl - on offer for only AUD$4! Without much hesitation, I decided to buy it. And I'm not regretting it!! It's great, or I should say heavenly! It is sorta like a cheesecake but much more yummy - the cold chocolate is rich and creamy, certainly the most sinful delicacy for those who are on a diet! Equally important, it is cheap. KFC also sells Sara Lee Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, which is uniquely sold in KFC only. And for that piece of cheesecake, KFC charge us AUD$2.95, or AUD$2.50 if you buy it together with a KFC meal. But this Bavarian choco swirl is about 4 times as large as the KFC's, and is only $4! It's yummy and cheap! yeah! I'm gonna go on a Sara Lee craze! =)

6 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

I have been eating Sara Lee Pound cakes for years. I tried their cheese cake only beginning of this year. The one you bought, I've not seen in Singapore.

FL Sam said...

I have seen this Sarah Lee available in most Hyper or supermarkets but I have not tried them mainly becoz I dont like dairy stuffs like butter, cheese. ;)

Angie Tan said...

ahhhh.... sara lee...

i miss the mango ice-cream! used to have loads of it while back in good 'ol melbourne.

*sigh*...

btw, thanks for dropping my blog.

Sweetpea said...

hi kev, need your help. how do you embed your youtune songs with autoplay?

thanks in advance.

Sweetpea said...

hey kev, thanks for the explanation. and here's a filler for you :)

http://sweetpeamy.blogspot.com/2007/08/10-things-i-hate-most.html

Eileen said...

All i can say is...

*Saliva drooling*


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.