Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 1 August 2007

Tag about my mum

Well well well... sweetpea has tagged me quite sometime back, which I have put it on hold for quite a while. Reason being is that, I find it hard to do this tag, cos I aren't really close to my mum. =) In fact I used to hate her.

Anyway, I'm suppose to put down 10 random facts about my mum... and so here goes.. hopefully I can think of 10 facts about her!

1. She was very strict with me. Every day in my childhood, I need to finish up 2-3 assessments and each assessments there's like 3-4 pages? Had been doing that since I start primary 1 or 2 I think.. If I don't.. caning.

2. She liked to cane me in the past. For every little thing that I do to irritate her, caning. In the past, if she found out I did something wrong she would wake me up and scold/cane me even if I'm asleep at night.

3. She works very hard to keep us (me and her) afloat with 2 jobs a day back then.

4. She's very health concious now that she's getting into the 50s

5. My mum gave birth to me when she's 24

6. Both my mum and I belong to the same zodiac group.

7. My mum is sorta worrywort... part of it must have rubbed onto me.

8. As with all mums, she gossipy at times.

9. My mum is the second eldest amount her 7 other siblings.

10. She always like to cook 釀豆腐 for me when I'm eating at home. Oh, and she always feed me with lotsa rice! LOL...

Well.. I'm supposed to tag others on this..so.. Rinaz, Monkey Wong, and Jacey, onwards to you!

3 comments:

tenchiwei said...

I enjoyed this post in a painful, reminiscing sort of way.;p I never got caned, but I was frequently acquainted with my mom's leather belt . I know it's for my own good, being a high-strung child and all, but she gets so creative with discipline, I don't know what object to expect when she does punish me. I tried a plastic hanger once and I wouldn't forget the hand towel (the towel hurt pretty bad!). I just laugh when I remember those times :) The older I got, she became more like a friend (weird one with backward pieces of advice about love and such). LOL!

Sweetpea said...

thanks for doing it, and sorry if i've brought up some things you may want to forget.

being 24 is very young then to have a child and to hold two jobs, it sure was difficult for her. and perhaps for her needing you to finish up many assessments a days, was a way for her to make sure you will get good education and better life, not a struggling one like hers.

i'll have you know that at 24 our female hormones may be still raging and active, and being tied down with a child and 2 jobs, i would have been at my wits end. if you had already understood this reason, good on you. but if not, try. you may be able to visualize how she may have felt then.

of course am in no position to advice anything on this, just my two cents :)

thanks and all the best :)

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

@ tenchiwei: 'creative with discipline' lol.. good one lol =)

@ sweetpea: well, I do understand where she's coming from. In a way, I've sorta forgiven her which is why I no longer hate her. But I can never forget. And I sometimes don't understand why she caned me as well. Due to all these, even though I don't hate her, but I can never talk to her about my feelings etc etc.. I'm just not close to her.


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.