Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Tuesday 14 August 2007

Post of a no-lifer

It’s been a few days since I last post on my blog. Well, for one, there aren’t really many happenings in my life these few days that warrant any special mention. Yup, my life is absolutely a boring one… just the mundane life that a no-lifer leads… What did I do this few days? Even though it’s the weekend, I went back to my lab to continue my experiments - went back on Saturday. The same goes for Sunday as well! Some of the stuffs required for my experiments e.g. oligonucleotide primers etc from States have finally arrived, and so I’m doing my upmost to do as much as I can to make up for lost time. As of now, I have only 4 months 3 weeks and 5 days before my ‘mad mad holidays’ began and I must do as much as possible before I go for my holidays. Haiz… 4 months is going to pass with a blink of an eye – just hope that I can at least finish cloning all the 4 to 5 genes and settle with their protein expression studies before that…

Oh, I had been seeing this bat hanging on a tree in the afternoon on two occasions already – yesterday and just this afternoon. Had wanted to take a photo of it up-close – unlike in the zoo where no matter how close you are, there will always be a glass window between you and the bat. But I forgot to bring my camera! Must remember to bring my camera tomorrow to capture it! And yes, there are bats flying around in my residential area/UNSW area. In fact, if you walk from UNSW to my place every evening approximately 5pm, you will see groups of bats flying right across the sky towards UNSW area. And on some occasions when I go home at night at around 7-8pm, I can still see one or two of them flying right above me from one tree to the next… So bats are quite common here! Maybe I can become batman if one of them bites me! LOL… then I will need to wear my underwear over my pants… LOL…

Ok… some random picture. (Mostly of foods that I ate to survive in Australia…) =)


2 comments:

jaecywong* said...

haha wow..the food u eat does not look cheap! unlike mine, mostly are home brands.. the food tat i always eat is indomee.. pathetic rite?

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

lol.. those food are also home brands wor.. I cooked them in my home one leh... =D

And it's cheap lar.. much cheaper than eating out... but of cos, Cole's price cannot be compared with those from Chinatown... Chinatown is just too far and troublesome for me... so gotta do most of my groceries from Coles.. =)

U eat so many indomee not healthy lar...


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.