Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Tuesday 16 October 2007

The power of pointing = powerpoint

It must have ages since I last updated my blog. Let me see..hmm.. last update was like 8th Oct... which is like exactly a week ago!! Busy has been the word, and stress is what I'm starting to feel. Busy as I'm still trying my best to speed up my work, so that I can go back to Singapore in Jan-Feb in peace. And now there is only like 2 months and 3 weeks left! Haiz... have a feeling that things are definitely not going as planned, and I'm going to have loads of backlog when I come back in late Feb next year. And stress, 'cos my progressive annual review for my PhD is coming up btw 7-9 Nov. Argh.... stress. Have to have my work thus far reviewed by a panel of 3 reviewers, as well as giving a presentation to the reviewers, as well as the lecturers and PhD students in the whole department! Stress with my powerpoint slides now... The power of pointing - the powerpoint! And I will have to give a mock presentation to the lab staffs in two weeks time as well... so many things to do, and yet, my eyesight has failed me. An oversight rather. Never cross my mind that the Rosette strain requires chloramphenicol for selection, besides ampicillin for my own recombinant plasmid. Argh... so grew my cultures on ampicillin only. Though I spent one whole day harvesting the cells, couldn't really use them. =( Hopefully my bacteria glycerol stock has can grow in both ampicillin and chloramphenicol, else I will need to do the whole transformation again! Argh... why? why is it that when you think nothing much can go wrong, and murphy's law have to kick in!?? Numb, Numbed, Numbdened!

4 comments:

Eileen said...

haha, i like ur title, never think of it that way. I mean how it represents. Oh, PPT for science project. Haha... I can imagine your slides, Those plates with agar and the cultural growth and you putting circles over it, and rulers measurement of growth and colour indication. Am I right or not? And also the time, the insert, the origin bacteria. The mishaps, the success etc. Oh, u always remind me of my science roots :)

3POINT8 said...

haha, everyone here in UNSW is getting more and more busy now!!!

Fallen Angel said...

Hey... don't be discouraged. At least if it really didn't work out you now know what had went wrong.

Well, I can emphatize with you regarding Murphy's Law... (maybe cos everything in my life that can go wrong had gone wrong).

Jiayou! Remember not to let your spirit be dampened by all these... You are carbon in the process of becoming a diamond, and it takes time and loads of patience.

keeyit said...

Hey, long time not come by actually as I miss your link.. Now added to my domain lol http://www.keeyit.com

Jia You for your phD...


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.