Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Monday 8 October 2007

In lab in the wee hours

Now is 1.15am Aussie time. And here I am still in this lab, doing my work - running a SDS-PAGE to be exact. Hmmm.. seems as though it would take another 1.5hours before I can go home. Well, hopefully I will be able to finish it and go home before 3am! Actually, I did came in to the lab earlier today, or I should say yesterday, in the afternoon. Did my experiments till around 8pm. But.... haiz.. I thought everything would go well, which I should have known better then to expect something good in an experiment! Anyway, I ran my soluble fractions for my protein expression in SDS-PAGE earlier on... but I didn't see any protein being over expressed at all! Argh... And so, after I reached home, and had my KFC dinner... I can't help but to ponder over it again and again... why? Is there protein expression? Is the protein in the insoluble fraction?! argh... I'm those kinda ppl that can think about some failed experiment throughout the day and night - I simply can't stop until I find out why. And so, here I am... came to lab again at 11.30pm to work on the problem, to troubleshoot it... hopefully the protein is in the insoluble fraction... haiz.. I shouldn't have any hope... no hope no disappointment... no hope, maybe good results will follow... no hope... don't hope...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

ouch so did your experiments work in the end??? wow stay so late in lab not scary meh???? so quiet and scary!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

Hey Nicole! nah.. didn't work.. haiz. Haha.. yeah.. I quite enjoy the quietness =). Just think feel hungry and thirsty throughout the night..

Maybe Med building is scary, with all the cadevers etc... are there even cadevers there? LOL


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.