Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Friday 26 October 2007

A breather finally

Finally able to get some breather after a busy week or so... But this is going to be a short lived break! Besides the usual rushing of my experimental work to clear as much as possible before I go back to Singapore in about 2 and a half months time,I had to go for this 2 half-days radiation safety course. But, lets digress a bit, and wow!!! only 2 and a half more months to go! Time sure past by very quickly - I've been in Oz for 8 months! And that is like almost a third of my PhD candidature gone. So fast... so many things to do... so little time...

Anyway, back to the radiation safety course on the 17th and 18th Oct. Yup, there are plans for me to handle radioactive materials for my experiments next year, so gotta know how to handle this hazardous stuffs correctly and safely. Else I'll be the 'radioactive man' in the NBC series HEROES. So I went over to the Library building to attend the course. And, phew! As the room is on the 12th floor, the scenery from the life lobby of 12th floor is simply gorgeous! Never knew that there is such a place to look at the whole lower campus of the university! Not only that, one can see the Randwick racecourse and the skyline of the Sydney city from the lobby! Wow... I don't mind working in such environment, overlooking my dominions! haha


Besides the course, I had also been very busy lately with my annual PhD presentation. Argh... it's going to be on the 7th Nov, but because that my rehearsal/trial presentation falls on the lab meeting day which is on 25th Oct, that means that I have to finish everything, and practice on my own at home before the 25th! Well, I'm someone who isn't very articulated, especially when it comes to oral presentation. So, I need to write a script of what I intend to say in the presentation, and just follow the script and memorize as much as possible. So,... been really busy - amending my slides at the last minute of the practice presentation, rushing to write the script but ended up never finishing it. 'Cos there isn't just enough time to finish the script and practice on my own before the practice run. But, times still turned out ok during the practice. Was quite comfortable at the front of the presentation, as that was the part I had the script written and practiced beforehand. But towards the later part, I guess my nervousness starts to show, and wasn't that confident, and started to fumble abit with what I'm trying to say... argh... practice makes perfect... luckily there is still like about a week to go till 7th Nov. But, one thing - some of the staffs were pretty surprised that I did so much things in this 8 months that I was here! Haha.. that was really a comment that I never expected to hear. A lot?! Nah.. I was still thinking along the line of not doing enough! Oh well... as often said by Ju Yoo Rin in the kdrama'My Girl'- aja aja fighting!

=D yup... I'm hooked on kdrama lately! Haha.. yes yes yes, I'm always half a beat slower than others. When folks were crazy about kdrama I was like 'eh? nice to watch meh? no lar. see how'. And after many beats later, then I start to catch on the craze.. haha.. So, I was after the show 'My Girl' lately, which is a very nice sorta romantic comedy. Highly recommended it, unlike the winter sonata type which I absolutely hate. Quite sad now, cos I've finished with the show.So... just gotta find new kdrama to watch... and I think I will give 'Goong - princess hours' a try.

2 comments:

3POINT8 said...

WoW! Someone is going to be a radioactive man!
When all of electricity in sydney goes bye bye...I think I know who everyone is going to for help.
=D

Jun jUn XVII said...

hey mr.atomic. dun shoot radio waves on urself n later u bcome Incredible Hulk n bcome all GREEN urself!u go back singapore?come msia n enjoy life here as well mah!


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.