Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Tuesday 4 September 2007

One of the better days

Hmm… besides my dear, I didn’t really think anyone would be reading much less chasing after me to update my blog! Yup, I’m glad and happy that there is at least one more soul out there who a fanatic for my blog! LOLok, not really a fanatic lar… but it sure does feel good to have someone chasing me to update my blog! Thanks Rhonda for your support! LOL

Anyway, the past couple of days have been good to me as compared to the previous few months. Firstly, Invitrogen has agreed to replace my cloning kit with new plasmid vectors and cells free of charge! Yeah! That means that I wouldn’t need to waste grant money to buy a new kit etc, and there is hope yet for my cloning experiments! Lately I’ve been trying to map out the 5’ region of the gene transcript using 5’RACE (Rapid Amplifications of cDNA ends), but am facing some problems as I have no experience with it. Being doing it and learning at the same time all on my own as to why steps have to be in certain order or why e.g. the 3’ end of the oligonucleotide DNA adaptor has to be blocked etc… And my creative side (which rarely shows itself) came out with an idea to map out both 5’ and 3’ end of the gene transcript! LOL… but don’t think it will work out in reality. Might try it out when I have the time! Who knows I might just be able to publish an article in Biotechniques etc if it works! LOL… me and my wishful thinking.

Just 2 days ago, a Sunday (2nd Sept), I have the mood to cook myself some western food. Though I have been living in this westernized country for slightly more than half a year, I hadn’t really eaten western food at all. Well, only once in Ciel Rouge during French Bastille Day which cost like a bomb! Every time I pass by this fish and chip stall, I’m very tempted to go in and get myself a fish and chip of the day which cost approximately $9 to $10, depending on what is the fish-of-the-day. So expensive! I can’t bear to part with my AUD$10 note to eat the fish and chips. =( So I always ends up cooking at home, or worst case scenario – ultimate burger meal from KFC that cost only $8.45 whereby unlike the fish and chips, it comes with a drink! Anyway, back to the point, yup – and so ended up cooking western food for my dinner on Sunday. Deep fried breaded chicken, pan fried garlic bread, boiled carrots, and diced mushroom scrambled eggs – my very first home cooked western food! LOL

Anyway, I went down to the International Student Services counter at around 2.45pm with Jim, hoping to register for the Canberra trip come this 28th Sept 2007. Argh… the counter is closed! Went up to the office to ask when the person-in-charge will be back, and those people can’t be sure as well – maybe 3 plus? Earlier OP, who is going on the Canberra trip as well, went down at around 11+ in the morning, and the counter was already closed. Wah… damn slack! Argh… gotta go down to the ISS counter again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Haha, do you want another supporter for your blog? Reading your blog reminds me of university life... Wonder if I should further my studies in this area....

Katherine said...

What are you taking up in Australia?

Paupau said...

me too mee too..i've been in aus for months but then also didn't have western food before.haha


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.