Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Monday 24 September 2007

Good old children's tv program and Food

Haven’t had a rest day for 3 consecutive weeks already – but yet my work has bounced back to square 1! Sqqquare One! LOL… this reminds me of an ancient children educational show akin to Sesame Street, called Square One. I remember watching the show, but couldn’t really remember what it was all about. But one thing I vividly remember is the slogan: Sssqquareee… One! LOL… Hmm… a search in Wikipedia reveals that it was a television show that teaches children maths, back in 1987 to 1992! Oh gosh, that is like 20 years ago! I am really old, very old, very very old. And you can check out what Square one is all about in this webby. =) And if it rings a bell, it means you are ‘O’ ‘L’ ‘D’! Hahaha…

Speaking of such dinosaur age children educational television program, I remember watching this show called ‘Lamb chop play along’ or something like that… Can’t really remember if that is the exact title, but there is this song that was kinda stuck to the back of my head ever since I saw the program. And the song has this phrase ‘lamb chop play along… ‘and sometimes when I’m bored etc, the tune will inevitably creep up on me! LOL… scary huh… Let me see if I can wiki it out….Oh! Found it! Hahaha… Oh boy, it sure brings back memories… and the ending theme is called ‘The song that never ends’ and I remembered that it literally is a song that goes on and on forever! Haha… check out the video! LOL… My gosh… I really miss the good old children’s television program! Two thumbs up for Lamb chop play along!!

Song that doesn't end...
Lamb chop play along!

Anyway, I have been on a craze with canned peanut soup, and cookies from the October Fifth Bakery (十月初五饼家) lately! The peanut soup is really yummy – the peanuts are soft, and the soup is sweet but not too sweet. And a can of it cost only AUD$1.75! Have been eating it after my dinner as a dessert… yummy yummy. And as I was doing my groceries in Randwick oriental, I came across this very stylish packaging, for cookies. It came across as high ended sorta biscuits (especially since there are French words on the packaging as well), or at least the brand should be quite famous in Macau. But I may be wrong. But anyway, the coconut cookies are nice and crunchy and there are many other varieties to choose from. So, I think my craze with the cookies will go on for quite a while.


Talking about food, I managed to try the ‘Penang Laksa’ that was located in Mathews Arcade in UNSW, on the very last day of it’s operation! The Arcade was to be closed for renovations etc on last Friday, and hearing how Dom was praising it like some heavenly food, Cat, and I decided to give it a try since we haven’t tried it before. Together with other students in the lab like Huifen, and friends like Kuan, we headed down to the Arcade to try it. I ordered a beef laksa, and guess how much it cost? It cost a freaking AUD$7! Gosh… that reminds me of why I never have lunch at all. Having a decent 3 meals a day in Australia would cost a bomb! Anyway, the laksa was quite yummy, and the beef were quite tender too. On top of the beef slices, there were beef balls too… nice… but I don’t think that is really laksa, or least according to the Singaporean standard. It looks and taste more like beef curry noodles to me! At the very minimum, I think Laksa should have a characteristic reddish-based soup (due to the use of chilly oil?). However, this ‘Penang Laksa’ has a brownish kinda soup, sorta like those curry noodles. I have no idea if it is really an authentic piece of Penang culinary, but bottom line – it is a yummy bowl of beef noodles! =)

1 comments:

bokjae said...

hi kev, good to see those children's thingy! My you are one who really loves food! So do I! hehe!


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.