Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 15 September 2007

I am super duper happy!

I am so happy now... .super duper happy!!! yeah! yeah!! I had been having trouble cloning my gene (id:0963) into the pET101-DTOPO plasmid... and had previously failed in all my countless attempts to clone it! And yesterday, I prepared fresh PCR product from my gene0963 and cloned it with the cloning kit (FOC replacement since the previously might inherently be problematic) from Invitrogen. And I screened 7 colonies to see if my gene is inserted into the plasmid...

And I was feeling extremely nervous when I'm about to see the result in the gel-doc room... Will there be any positive result that i hope to see? If there is still no good result, what will become of me!? And the moment when I see that 2 out of the 7 bacteria colonies has got my gene0963 insert, I almost jumped for joy! You wouldn't have imagine how happy I am! After all these weeks of not being able to get it in, today I finally manage to put the gene into the plasmid! Despite another gene (id:0695) of mine apparently didn't managed to be cloned, still I couldn't be any more happier (since this is only the first attempt to clone 0695).

And as I was walking back from the gel-doc room to the lab, I couldn't help but keep on smiling at myself... Luckily it's a Saturday and there isn't a single soul along the way, else they might think I'm nuts! Hahaha.. but I'm very happy! yeah! yeah! And today is the 4years 6 months anniversary of my relationship with my dearly Limin. Indeed, as she said, the anniversary might have brought me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have so much to be happy about...keep up the good work, Kev!

Eileen said...

4 years 6 months... quite long... Congrats & hope both of you grow fonder of each other every single day.

Eh, so why did the insert success? What changes have you modified to optimum the insertion? After you changed a new set order of plasmids?


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.