Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 21 February 2007

Greetings from Down Under!

Wow,... finally, the big day is here to stay.. that I will need to leave Limin and SIngapore to travel to Sydney, on SQ231 flight, that was scheduled to depart singapore at 0020hrs. Well, I'm very thankful to those who were there to sent me off, such as Limin's parents and little bro, my pals KK and Wilson, as well as my uncles and aunties. Speaking of my uncles and aunties, there was a little commotion in the airport happening to me there and then.


First of all, food stuffs aren't allowed to be carried into Oz, at least not for the raw meat or eggs products etc. Nonetheless, I decided to bring along a few packets of instant noodles, as well as ginseng powders into Oz, with the intention of declaring my food items and see what the custom has to said with regards to this. And so, there I was, innocently thinking that since I'm gonna declare it, they ought to check all my luggage. It's only logical isn't it? If someone tell me that they had brought along some foodstuffs, i would have asked that person to open up all the luggage for me to check! No second tots needed.
Well, apparently, one of my relatives thought that I should have consolidated all the foodstuffs in a single bag for easy checking, and say something along the line that I'm so big already and still don't know that I need to consolidate my stuffs.. Come on lar, it's not as though I travel to Oz that often to know how their customs works!! If I'm the custom officer, even if u consolidate the foodstuffs to make it easier for me to check, I'll still ask u to open up the check-in luggage as the luggage might still have other restricted stuffs which you might purposefully forgot to declare!!!

Furthermore, my relative said that I could have sequeeze more stuffs into my checked in luggage, rather than to put them in my hand-carried ones. Oh man, my checked in luggage is already heavy enough! No, it's not in the context of weather I would need to pay baggage overweight charges, but rather, it's damn heavy to carry it on my own up the stairs etc!!! Anyway, the idea that I'm unable to squeeze more stuffs in got the better of them, and ended up, opening up my luggage at the airport and dumping more stuffs into my checked in luggage. Ended up with 28kg of baggage.

Anyway, the plane flew 6298km from Singapore, and landed in Sydney international airport at ard 11.15am local time. Had a long long queue in the custom, but the queue was moving rather quick, so no complains about that. Quckily got my luggage from belt numbered 1, and move on to the 'Goods to declare' queue.. told them that I have my medicine, laptop, and instant noodles to declare.. asked me if I have anything else to declare within my haversack or checked in luggage, which I say no... and they say ok.. I can proceed on... didn't even bother to scan my lugguage. Well, what can I say? next time, if I'm bringing a bomb, I just need to put it in my check in luggage, and bring along some food stuffs as a smoke screen will do ya...??

anyway, some pics b4 I continue...













Bubbles and me, just b4 I flew off to Sydney...



Beef sandwich.. very tasty.. supper/refreshment provided by SQ..
Breakfast provided by SQ... Braised vermicelli with seafood, leafy greens
and mushrooms + yoghurt, fruits, breads etc...








Me in the toilet..

After clearing the customs, I went straight to the Airport reception.. lol.. the airport reception is really pitiful... there's just a current student maning it, and basically, I think his job is only to direct me as to how to go to my place of accomodation. LOL.. Wanted to take the Airport shuttle service, but apparently the driver says its out of the way for him to go Randwick.. so no choice lor.. gotta take a cab.... luckily the cab cost me like $25, so its still not that expensive..

After reaching my destination, I had a hard time carrying the luggage up the stairs man... imagine carrying a harversack, and a laptop bag, and yet you still need to carry the 28Kg luggage up the stairs.. argh.. was like doing weight-lifting like that.. lol

After reaching the home, well.. find that the kitchen is abit small, and overall in general abit old. But hey, it's ok.. as long as there's a roof over my head, no complains lor... So spent sometime unpacking, and setting up my room for the rest of the day.. went to bank... walk ard neighbourhood and school....

Sydney international airport



B4 setting up my room...


After setting up..

Another view of my set up room....




On my way to UNSW...


Me!


Within UNSW....

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.