Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 21 February 2007

Belated CNY report

It's been a while, realy a long long while since I last wrote.. This few days were very busy for me, having to celebrate the Chinese New Year back in Singapore, and followed by travelling to Sydney for my PhD studies...

Well, lets start with the Chinese New Year.. Spent the first day of the lunar new year accompanying my beloved and her family to her maternal grandma's place. Well, basically its quite boring for me.. I'm not familiar with her maternal relatives, only get to see them at most twice a year! Furthermore, I'm not those kinda person that can talk openly to a stranger as well, esp if all they talk are abt kids, government policies, jobs etc... I mean, I'm on a totally different frequency from them!! This is further illustrated when they asked to join in their photo taking sessions, e.g. family potriat photo etc... which I rejected to be in the photo. And they were wondering, why? What's wrong with that guy anyway??! Well, simply put, my Limin hasn't been married to me yet, and thus I see no 'title' to be considered as one of their family (or rather extended family with Limin's relative too)... You know, its like those instances where the dad says no when her daughter wants to stay over with her bf, cos they are after all just bf-gf relationship. Same rationale goes for me...

The second day of lunar new year was spend at my maternal grandma's place.. this time round, I have Limin to accompany me.. As usual, all these CNY gathering are pretty boring affair.. the adults (or rather the elders) are playing majong, while the youngster and some not even teens (?) are playing 'man luck' (meaning 21 points or blackjack).. Am not really interested in all these, and I have nothing much to talk to them too.. However, since I'm gog to fly off the following day, I have the opportunity to collect twice the Ang Bao this year! Yeah! One is for the CNY, while the other is for bon voyage.

Some of the pic that i took b4 Limin and I went over to her maternal grandma's place..




















That's my dear on the farthest left, follow by her younger sister, her cousin... and the little boy is her younger bro... =) He's ill on the CNY lar, that's y the sad face..

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.