Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Monday 31 December 2007

Xmas 2007 celebrations part 3 + last post of the 2007

Time really flies... It seems just like yesterday that I left Singapore and went on a uncertain journey to Australia, Sydney for my postgraduate studies. It seems like yesterday when I withheld my tears when I called my beloved Limin inside Changi Airport, while waiting for the departure gate to open. It seems just like hours ago when I felt so depressed that my experiments were failing like avalanches. When the the burden seems so heavy that thoughts of giving up my postgraduate studies were contemplated. And now, nearly a year on, experiments were moving onwards and rays of light could be seen, though I shan't hope or even expect, as Murphy's law always strike when we think or expect things to go smoothly. One year on, and it's the last day of 2007. And so, I'll be taking a 6 weeks break, and going back to Singapore to spend the Chinese New Year. Time really flies... and 4 more months to go and I will be 28... =(

Well.. back to the last of the Xmas 2007 celebrations. This is back dated to the day of Christmas itself. JM and I went over to Adrian's place, which is just opposite our block to have Christmas dinner. Cynthia (Adrian's gf, hope I didn't get the name wrong!) is a real lucky gal, as Adrian is really a great cook!! Been to his place several times for meals liao, and his cooking never fail to impress me! LOL... And so, for Xmas dinner, he prepared Teochew braised duck which is his first attempt! And oh gosh, it's really nice and this is his FIRST attempt!! argh.. I think I will just made a mess of everything if I were to cook it. Had a Xmas log cake as well which is not bad. After that we just sat there and chat for while, as well as Adrian showed us his travel pictures when they went over to New Zealand for like 20 days! Wow... New Zealand are so so nice!! And come to think of it, prolly should use the chance while I'm in Australia to go New Zealand, as the air fare will def be cheaper from here to NZ than from Sg to NZ. I wan to go New Zealand!!! LOL

Well.. finally.. wish all of you a very wonderful and fruitful 2008!! And especially for those 'scientist' like me, loads of luck and may our experiments always work!!!

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.