Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Saturday 22 December 2007

A post about everything

Hmm.. as the title goes, this post is about anything and everything under the sun, that somehow could find a link to each other. First off, finally I'm starting to do my protein crystallisation work today! Yeah!! After months of cloning and purifying one of my many proteins, I'm so happy that things are moving on - at least for this particular protein named TBP! Went to Paul Curmi's biophysics lab this afternoon to set up the crystallisation trial, with the help and guidance from Steve Harrop. Everything just seems so robotic and cool! LOL... I hope I will be able to see some crystals growing when they reopen their lab on the 7th Jan! But might not be lar, since fate always twist me around and enjoy seeing me suffer! oh well...

And yup, it's Christmas soon! And practically the whole university is shutting down! For the school which I'm in, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, the official shut down date is from 24th Dec till 2nd Jan, which is like a week's holiday!! How I wish Singapore's system was the same as well! lol... anyway, I see that most of the labs are already closed since yesterday, and the school was pretty empty today as well - prolly 'cept for the few hardworking souls like me! LOL...

Some random picture time... ok .. let's see.. oh.. obviously this was taken when there was a heavy rain at my place. And this poor bird was trying to seek shelter by my window ledge. Not much of a shelter I reckon, as after all, the rain can come at an angle and drench the poor bird. I wanted to open the window to let the bird fly in.. LOL.. but nah.. the moment I walked past it, it flew off. Oops.. sorry birdie.. didn't mean to chase you off! =)

Now for this picture... hmm.. this was taken on the day when the NYP students were leaving, when we went to Coogee beach to watch sunrise. I took this picture with my Nokia 6288, and sent an MMS to my Limin back in Singapore. But somehow, the MMS was lost in transition. Argh.. waste my money...

A food pic! Yeah! Ok, I know that this looks like worms, but it's actually 'dong fen'! LOL... I added in some dark soy sauce, and so it became brownish and looks like worms! lol.. and I don't eat worms!!

1 comments:

CRIZ LAI said...

Wow..nice glass noodles.If only you can get hor fun and add to that. It tastes even better.

Merry X’mas and a Happy New Year 2008. May this year and many years to come be filled with peace, love, joy, health and wealth :)

http://www.crizlai.com/


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.