Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Wednesday 25 April 2007

Random ratterings..

Well, I like Apr in Australia.. Not really because of the weather. If fact, it's been raining on and off this month thus far. Rather, there are lotsa holidays in April! haha.. They will the long easter weekend break, from a friday to the subsequent monday, as well as the ANZAC day which falls on today! Yup, so today is a holiday! yeah! Best of all, my birthday falls within April as well! So, on average, it's like haveing a break every 3-4 days rather than a standard 5 days week! The lacking thing is that there is nobody to celebrate my birthday with. My beloved is back in Singapore, and I do not get to eat my swensen's ice cream cake.. =( Ah well, that's the price to pay for studying overseas, alone.

It's been like slightly more than 2 months since I arrived in Australia. By far, the longest amount of time that I left home overseas. The last time I left home for Australia was like 8 years ago, in 1999 for my overseas vacation training as part of my polytechnic requirements. Even so, I was in Australia, Adelaide for slightly less than two months. Well, so how does Adelaide compare with Sydney?? Well, Adelaide is a bit laid-back.. relatively slow, and a small city. Sydney is on the other extreme, many places to go, to explore.. probably I will retire in Adelaide haha.. buy a farm or something..haha..

I think better not.. Australia is very prone to drought. It's a risk to have a farm here..haha.. Australia is facing a water crisis right now, so hopefully with all these rainfalls these couple of days, the situation will get better!

I have been missing the food in singapore since i got here..haha.. not the country, not the people, but the food! haha.. Heartless some might say, but if that's how they see it, then so be it. Anyway, I'm thinking of cooking chicken rice's rice.. as well as green bean soup.. Haha.. it's going to be my first attempt .. will do so probably this weekend or next. Oh, and my uncle is coming over to Sydney again this weekend.. so will be meeting up with him too! Hopefully, it wouldn't rain on that day!

Oh, this few days I think I will be drinking lotsa milk! haha.. cos JM bought like 4-5L of milk sometime back for his visiting fren (his fren is staying over for like a week). But apparently, his fren doesn't drink much milk.. and the milk is gonna expire on 27th Apr 07. So, it's a bit wasteful to waste so much milk, so will help him drink some of them.. I love milk!

Some random pics...

My new plate that I bought from the zoo.. i like the elephant on my plate..
My noodle dinner! I like the noodle a lot.. the sauage is nice too..
My dinner today... braised chicken nibbles with mushrooms

0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.