Definition

Kev (abr. Kevin)
name
Irish, Gaelic orgin. Caoimhin.
1. adorable. 2. gentle one

Walkabout (walk-a-bout)
noun
1 (in Oz) - a walk in the Outback by Aborigines that lasts for an indefinite amount of time. 2 (chiefly British) - an informal stroll among a crowd conducted by an important visitor e.g. a monarch. 3 a walking trip.

Friday 6 April 2007

Happy Easter holiday everyone!!!

Happy Easter holiday everyone!!! Especially those in Australia... it's gonna be a long long weekend.. Long weekends are hard to come by in Oz... yeah! The locals in my lab was like distributing Easter chocolate to us.. haha.. was a bit suprised.. didn't quite see it coming, since back in Singapore, we don't celebrate Easter all at. Apparently, since the locals are mostly christians (?), Easter would be quite a big thingy to them! Else, why would there always be a long holiday associated with Easter (Good Friday, weekends, followed by Easter Monday)?

Anyway, today I was supposed to go to this sushi making session organised by the what Jap student society from my uni.. I did reply to the International Student Service (who send us the email) as requested, cos as they said, "spaces are limited". But they didn't replied me to confirm my attendence.. Oh well, what the heck, I just went down to the sushi making venue anyway. Well.. I'm totally disappointed when I reached the venue. It's supposed to be a sushi making session, where they teach us how to make sushi?? or did I interpret wrongly? What we saw were bunch of ppl sitting ard a table and eat sushi etc.. doesn't look as though some one is going to teach us how to make sushi at all! What a waste of my time. Moreover, it's disorganised! No one confirmed my attendence, left me hanging in the air and wondering if I managed to squeeze into the 'limited space' available. When my fren and I reached the venue, no one tell us anything, or indicate to us that we need to mark our attendence etc.. basically I think you can just walk in and out without anyone really noticing your presence. Oh well, didn't stay for more than a second, and off we go. Sucks.

Today is the first day of my bench work for PhD as well. Did sonication of the archaea cells to get the protein lysate in the native state. Followed by Bradford quantification. yup.. so finally, a small step into the lunar terrority.

My 300Gb external hard disk drive finally came yesterday!! haha.. it's really worth it. I bought it online on Ebay, for like USD$85, with shipping charges like USD$30. But I think overall, still very much worth it, for 300Gb of disk space. yeah! Definitely a bargain.







Well, can you believe it?! I took this picture at ard 6pm Sydney time, and it's that dark!! Looks as though 7+pm in Singapore! My gosh, we are really moving to winter huh.. where the night is getting long.. and I think that probably after spending a year in Oz come this Dec, I might not be used to the Singapore's way of life?!



My dinner today! A bit sian of eating rice, so I just boil the 'mee sua' and eat it like that with the canned pork. Added some boiled brussel sprouts together with the canned pork as well. Taste really nice.. Bought the fried onion and put them on top on my 'mee sua'.. taste great! With the sambal anchovy chilli.. simply heaven!


0 comments:


*****************************Site-wide disclosure*****************

This policy is valid from May 2007

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.